Review: Escoda Brushes

Hey there ladies and gentlemen, dear Painters!

I have not posted here for a very (!!) long time. I am quite busy at the moment in life, job and family. Also i had projects, i can not blog about. ;)

But i will revitalize this blog. I have some plans for Pinselwut, so stay tuned, you`ll see. :)


Today i want to bring you a review about Escoda Kolinsky Brushes as i had the opportunity to test them and want to share my experiences.

So let´s first talk about the physics of these brushes:

Escoda is a company in Barcelona, Spain. Making fine kolinsky brushes we all desire so much. :)
At first i wanted to completely avoid the comparison with W&N Series 7 brushes, but as many of you know and use them, maybe this helps to explain some things.

Escoda Brushes



- Point: At first glance, these brushes hat a little problem with the tip. The bristles split very quick while painting. Washing them with shampoo or brush soap though helped a lot. After that these brushes hold their points absolutely well! They were ready for lager surfaces as well as fine details.

- Snap: The snap of the bristles to their original position after bending is not as perfect as the W&N but they get close. There is no point where it becomes a limiting factor.

- Price Tag: A size 0 brush comes for 5,00€, size 1 for 5,50€. This is clearly cheaper than W&N with prices like 8,90 for size 0 and 9,40 for size 1.


Comparison with W&N Series 7 (long hairs)


So can i recommend these brushes? Yes! If you are using W&N for years, these babys might not be a new miracle for you, but if you are a starting painter or want a pretty good alternative for nearly half the prize, you should give them a go!

I will use my test brushes definetly for some works. :)


You can get your Escoda brush in this fluffy guy´s shop:


 Big Panda V

This is it from my side.

Regards,

Solmar

2 Responses to Review: Escoda Brushes

  1. Zab says:

    I recently just started to try escoda as W&N are getting harder to come by in Canada and I really like them. They have a bit more snap than i am used to but they hold their shape quite well.

  2. Hi Admin, I hope are fine. I'm your one of the biggest fans, I like to read your blogs and I've also shared your blogs with my family members and friends. I hope in future you'll publish more blogs like your old ones. Please accept my thanks on my behalf of me and from my family and friends.

    1947 Housing Islamabad
    Capital Smart City
    Lahore Smart City
    New Metro City Gujar Khan
    Skip Hire Near Me

Leave a Reply